Refinance your student loans with First Tech
Save on your student loans over time
Refinancing is easy
Refinancing your student loans is a simple process and most applicants know if they are
accepted within 24 hours.
- Social Security Number
- Salary Info
Info needed after applying
- Proof of Income
- Current Loan Statements
Student loan basics
How much can student loan refinancing save me?
Our members save on average $200 a month but you can save more depending on the amount and term of your loan.
Can I combine student loans from different lenders?
You can definitely consolidate loans from different lenders into one loan with First Tech.
Can I get a new student loan from First Tech?
No, First Tech currently offers student loan refinancing only.
Common credit union questions
What is the difference between a bank and a credit union?
Banks are for-profit and credit unions are owned by the members and are not-for-profit.
How do I join?
Joining First Tech is easy.
- Stop by a First Tech location
- Call 855.855.8805 to learn more
- Apply online when creating a loan application
Are there locations near me?
- First Tech has over 40 locations with hubs in Washington, Oregon, & California.
- You can deposit or withdraw money from our network of over 30,000 co-op branches and ATMs.
- Best of all, First Tech has one of the most advanced banking apps in the industry that allows you to deposit money, pay bills, transfer money, and send money to friends.
Why First Tech
- Sixth largest credit union in the United States with over 500k members.
- Insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), which has rated First Tech among the safest credit unions in the country.
- First Tech is a not-for-profit, member-owned credit union.
- In 2017, First Tech donated more than $3.1 million in charitable causes.
Still have questions?If you are unsure of what plan works best for you, contact one of our student loan refinance experts. Submit a question below or call the team at 888.422.5680 between 8am to 5pm PST.
Not yet a member? Join First Tech
* APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Actual rate will be determined based on the applicant's credit history, and final loan terms. Offer is subject to normal credit qualifications, meeting First Tech Federal Credit Union's relationship requirements and underwriting policy guidelines. Interest rate and program terms are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.
** ‘No Payments for 90 days’ is for the Fixed Rate Fixed term loan only.
a. Not all existing student loans will qualify for refinance under our program; eligibility depends on the school of graduation and the degree .The school must be Title IV eligible, non-profit and offer Bachelors, Masters and/or Doctorate degrees. Title IV refers to the Higher Education Act. A Title IV school is an institution that processes U.S. federal student aid.
b. Membership with the Credit Union is required to obtain a loan./p>
c. A balloon loan is a loan that requires a larger-than-usual one-time payment at the end of the loan term. This can mean your payments are lower in the years before the balloon payment comes due but you will owe a larger amount at the end of the loan.
d. An interest only loan will have lower payments during the interest only term and will result in a higher payment during the payback period when principal and interest is included in the monthly payment.
e. Choosing the balloon loan or interest only loan will result in additional interest over the life of the loan when compared to the fixed loan.
f. For your reference, here is a copy of the Federal Benefits Disclosure
g. For your reference, here is a copy of the Student Loan Credit Agreement